God gave us ten commandments by which we are to live. Many of the men who have taught those commandments to people have added their own opinions as additional commandments. Perhaps we need to simplify the way we live as Christians.
What does all this have to do with cowboys or the old West? Some cowboy decided to simplify the Ten Commandments by re-stating them in a cowboy's language. They're easy to understand, but not so easy to follow. Susie and I do our best to live by these ten rules.
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin.'
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
It's not the way King James had it written, but then, the whole "King James only" stance is really just someone's opinion, added as a commandment.